Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My trip to Chicago.

I've been in Chicago a few days for work.  For the last few years, I've come here during the Summer for an annual meeting session in our industry.  It is fun.  Although I am a little ways out from the actual downtown area, it is still nice to get out of the office and meet customers face to face.  

When I was getting ready to head to the airport Monday morning, my boss texted and asked if I was still home. and had access to a printer?  Turns out he bought me a ticket to see the play "The Book of Mormon."  So, the plans for my Tuesday night were in place.  I called a car service to take me into the city.  Upon entering the city I decided to look around at the stores and maybe do a little shopping.  Unfortunately I lost track of time and was not able to grab dinner before the show.  A total bummer because I was really looking forward to all of the delicious food Chicago has to offer.  I drank a beer & hoped that'd tie me over. By the time I got back to the hotel at 11:11 the kitchen was already closed.  This led to a growling belly with nothing to eat.  Next time I won't choose shopping over food. When I entered the theatre I was blown away.  The architecture was absolutely incredible.  The theatre first opened in 1906 so it was as if I was stepping back in time.  The play was pretty funny.  My boss thought it was "omgslapyomomma" type of funny, but I wouldn't go that far.  The show stealer in my opinion was definitely Elder Cunningham.  His wit, talent, and one liners were executed magnificently and it was his performance that made the whole play.  It was my first time seeing a play, and it was a really fun experience.





Today we've got a few more meetings and then I head home on Thursday morning.  I always enjoy a trip to the Windy City and look forward to being here again next Summer. 

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week.  :)


2 comments:

Dallin Stokes said...

Sounds like a blast!!!!

Nicole said...

It was so fun. :)

Post a Comment