Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Minecraft Party

In case ya'll have been living under a rock, there is this new game called "Minecraft" that is all the rage these days among the kiddos.  So, when the LO said he wanted a Minecraft birthday party, we weren't that surprised. Unfortunately for us, you can't just go to Party City and fill your basket with random Minecraft decorations, the majority of it is DIY.

I will say that planning parties, DIY decorations, and designing is my thing.  One of the simple things in life that gives me joy.  Being able to use my imagination and create things is fun for me.  To see everything come together and all of the little kids faces light up. That's what makes it all worth it to me.  This year, we decided to have a joint party with the LO's mom. So, we agreed to throw the party at her home.  It's nice and has a pool, plus this meant that I wouldn't have clean our house from top to bottom just to have the kids destroy it during the party, so win for me.

We all worked together as a team, and it came out pretty good.  Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves (adults included) so that made it even better.  I mean, we threw in the new wife's family with the ex-wife's family, you really have no idea if it will be good or bad, lol.  But thankfully everyone behaved and had a nice time (I'm sure the beer had something to do with it, ha.)

As fun as it was, not sure that we'll do it again next year.  When it comes to planning, I really do enjoy just doing things my way and not having to get other peoples input.  But a year is a long time away so we shall see :)

Anyways, here are a few pictures I managed to snap during the party.  Hope you enjoy!

The husband printed out the background on his plotter at work.  I made the Zachary banner in MS Word.


The gift bag / candy table was a HUGE hit!









0 comments:

Post a Comment