Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week(end) recap

This was a good week.  I aced my science exam bringing my grade from a low C to a low B.  I have a few more tests to take so I'm hoping to get my grade up to an A.

Tried a new recipe this week:  http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/spaghetti-squash-with-meat-sauce-46-pts.html .  It was absolutely amazing.  The beau cooked it while I wrote 2 papers which is always a nice change of pace (him cooking, not the paper writing.)  We did add in quite a few more veggies: mushrooms, peppers, zucchini.  He also used hamburger meat instead of the meat it called for.  I can't wait to have it again!

Wednesday I got a wild hair up my ass to go for a walk/jog aka fat girl bounce.  I completed 5.27 miles which felt AMAZING!!  Although my old 30 year old body was definitely feeling the hurt the next few days.  Something has kind of just clicked with me this time.  I want to be healthy, feel good about myself, and treat my body right.  I have learned quite a bit in physical science about the body, cancers, nutrition, etc. and it has really opened my eyes to the abuse I have put my body through.  I am trying very hard to do things differently, although I am still human and will make mistakes along the way.  

I went on my first sales visit and made a sale this week, so that was awesome!

Friday I took a half day to get ready for our out of town trip this weekend.  The mother of Frank's childhood friend passed away so we went to the mass & graveside service.  It was very depressing but also makes you realize that life doesn't go on forever.  And really makes you remember to cherish the ones you have while they're here.  Sometimes I am guilty of getting so caught up in work, school, everyday life that I don't take enough time to look around and be thankful for what I have.

After the service we had Chili's with Frank's parents & brother & nephew.  That was fun.  Also, his mom and I got to have some girl time and really talk about things.  It got a little emotional, but hey, it's usually like that when we're around each other.  That night we just hung around, had a few drinks, and watched a show called "Rake."  I may or may not have fallen asleep on the couch like an 80 year old.

Today we met my parents and sisters at the Brevard Zoo for my sisters 8th birthday.  It was so fun!  The kids had a blast, and even got to feed the lorikeets.  One of the birds flew into Olivia's head and she was absolutely scarred after that.  She wanted NOTHING to do with the birds.  It was pretty damn funny to see though.  I am the mean sister, apparently.  They fed the giraffes, we rode the train, the kids did the zip line.  Afterwards we went to Olive Garden.  Sissy opened up all of her gifts we got her;  I spoiled her, of course.  















All in all, it has been a very busy and successful week.  Not looking forward to a case of the Mondays tomorrow.  Hope your week(end) was a good one!




1 comments:

Dallin Stokes said...

First off, that green dress is amazing! I would love the link to where you got it!!!!

You are kicking butt with this new healthy side of you. I am trying to keep up! ;)
You will be the most beautiful bride in the history of brides.

I am sorry to hear about the funeral and passing! Life is so bittersweet.

Post a Comment