Friday, September 28, 2012

Fashion Friday

TGIF ya'll! For "fashion Friday", I'm going to talk about the current trends that I'm loving. Oh, and of course I'm going to brag on myself a little and post a picture of a dress I made last night. My 2nd article of clothing, so far!

I'm still loving the jean jacket trend! Any jacket, really. The new blazer thing everyone is doing is super cute, too. I need to go out and get one, stat.

So on to the ootd. I got this fabric from Walmart. I know, right? It's actually really cute and I was surprised to snag something so cute. And it's rayon, which I've found is really easy to sew. As I was browsing dresses online, I decided I needed something cute & new to wear. So, I got to work. Here is the end result:



So, the beau thinks it's a little too "bahamian", but I prefer the description "summery", thanks Dawn. Since I live in Florida, I can get away with wearing this kind of print for awhile. Hell, I might even be rocking this dress when I'm 70.

I did try and get a regular shot of me wearing this dress, but it was a little difficult. a) I was starting to run late for work therefore I was rushing around, and b) the dog wanted to make her blog debut. So, say hello to Jesse!


& a close up of the color:


I hope all of you lovelies have a fabulous weekend!



0 comments:

Post a Comment