Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fashion Friday...on a Saturday

Hey ya'll! Okay, so I realize that I'm a day late and a million dollar short. Yesterday was pretty hectic, as usual. Worked all day, and then drove for 4+ hours to the lake house. By the time we got here, I was beat. All I wanted was sleep.

I don't have any ootd pictures to post because I had a mini meltdown on Thursday night. I've been busting my ass and working out, eating right, doing ALL the right things. I've also been reading a shit ton of blogs (this will start to make sense soon - promise). Some of the blogs I've been reading show how you can take your wardrobe, mix & match pieces, and voila, you've got a whole (almost) new outfit. So I locked myself in our bedroom and tried this. Yes, results = terrible. I was not happy in the slightest. I decided to just forget this weeks Fashion Friday.

Which leads me to the next part of the story (if you've stuck around this long - kudos to you). I settled on a pair of navy blue shorts, a fitted ruched brown shirt, and tan/brown wedge heels. Straight hair, a few accessories and I was ready for work. During lunch break, I was standing outside of Walgreens waiting to meet up with some lady from a yard sale website (random? - yes). Anyway, this stranger comes up to me and says "I'm not trying to be fresh, but you are unbelievably absolutely stunning. Wow, am I drooling?" etc. etc. I was flattered. I don't recall ever being told I'm "stunning". It's nice to receive compliments, even if it is from a random stranger.

So, long story shirt (haha - gotcha!), some days when you feel like absolute shit and you pick out every.single.thing you hate about your body, just stop. STOP being so critical. The people who love you (and even random strangers), appreciate you for the person you are. Love yourself.


0 comments:

Post a Comment