Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Styles that leave your man thinking "what the eff"

...is this bitch wearing?  Now I know the beau doesn't refer to me as a bitch, ever, because he's smarter than that, but there are times when it would be totally appropriate:

What kinda weird makeup job is that?  Why does she look like a cat?
Whoa!  Who's she going to stab with those nails?
Wow!  Those shorts are short...(said no man ever.)

So I guess there are exceptions to every rule.  

Anyways, I recently found out there are some things that women do that leave men totally scratching their head.  Of course I only found this out because I am totally guilty of a few of these and the beau finally fessed up.  Here's the list of things you wear/do that will leave your man wondering who started this fashion trend and why you decided to hop on the train.


Black nails.  I am so guilty of this.  I love black nails.  Maybe it's because they match my soul (kidding), or maybe because I'm not really good at washing my hands and they hide the dirt under my nails?  I really have no idea why I'm so in love with black nails, I just am.  So this trend is staying.  



While we're on the subject of nails, let's talk super pointy nails.  No, you are not a kitty cat.  No, your nails should never be used as weapons.  Unless of course you're Lady Gaga.  I'm sure that chick is into some weird shit.  She does wear meat dresses, after all.  These nails are a no, no, no.  Unless you want your man to run away from you in the bedroom.  Then they're a major do!



Let's talk leopard.  Now, I guess I should probably clarify with my beau if men hate all leopard print, or just ridiculous iPhone cases.  Either way, I bought this gorgeous cover and he says "what IS that thing? It's hideous!!"  Again, I will keep this trend.  Because I love all things leopard print thankyouverymuch.




Let's talk hair.  I love buns.  My hair is almost to my ass crack.  It's long, it's thick, it can be a royal pain in the  the b-hole.  Buns are my go-to hair do when I don't have much time.  Apparently men hate them.  It's true, they even dedicated a whole "King of Queens" episode about it.  Oh well, this is another one of my "styles" that is staying.  I might even throw in a sock bun here and there to really make him question what's going on.



Speaking of hair, how do you feel about the "poof?"  Apparently it makes the male species question what the hell you've done to yourself.  I wore it other day around the LO (who is only 5) and he says "Ms. Cole, what's wrong with your hair?" I couldn't help but laugh.  And once upon a time, I had a horrible bangs...in the Summer...in Florida...so my bangs constantly stuck to my forehead.  The poof helped get rid of that.  I don't care what any man says, I love the damn poof.  

Last thing that confuses the shit balls out of them:  statement necklaces.  They have no idea what's hanging around our necks.  The beau said he much prefers something dainty. Too bad for him, as I've purchased around 10 "statement" necklaces.  Know what statement I'm trying to make?  That I like big things on my chest.  Ha!  

What fashion items/styles do you wear/do that you think (or know) your beau thinks is totally weird?  I'm sure there are plenty we've missed.

Hope everyones having a great week!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Nicole! Just hopped over to your blog and I'm super guilty of black polish too. Or dark brown, or dark, dark green. I LOVE dark colors and don't care that my hubs hates it. Love your thoughts on the poof!

Check out my Stella and Dot Giveaway!
www.sarahandderek.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Thanks dear :) Who doesn't love a little dark polish every now and then? I'm wearing it right now. Checked out your blog. LOVE it!

Post a Comment