Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday recap

I realize I'm a little late, but "busy" this holiday season is a huge freaking understatement! 

Last day of work 12/21.

Birthday party for one of beau's college buddies 12/22.

Beau's parents arrive 12/23. Take them to lunch on the water. Awesome idea Nicole, considering it was about 40 degrees out. Oops.

Christmas eve brunch 12/24. I was super nervous about this. I had a weird feeling in my tummy. It was a big day. Our families (minus my Dad - he's in SC) were meeting for the first time. People started arriving and everyone was mingling beautifully. The food turned out delicious, and there was SO much of it. Our families really hit it off. The beau and I still talk about how great it was. I think we'll make it a yearly tradition.

Christmas day 12/25. We get the LO around 9 and open presents. He had such a great time. It was so fun seeing his face light up. Blessed is an understatement. I don't even know the word to describe how happy I am. Beau is spoiled, I am spoiled, and LO is definitely spoiled. I wanted to write about all of the incredible things I received but I don't want to seem like I'm bragging. So here are my favorite gifts: DIAMOND EARRINGS (what what!!!), a rose gold MK watch, MK purse & matching wallet, a Victoria's Secret pink robe, and a crock pot. It is so nice to be with someone like Beau. I don't mean to brag, or make it seem like things are perfect, but I waited a really long time for someone like him to bless me with his presence. Gosh, I'm so hormonal.

Day after Christmas 12/26 we headed up to Beau's family's mountain/lake house in NC at 5 am. Long drive, but well worth it. LO got to see snow for the first time. Took him to Gatlinburg. Got to spend some really great quality time together. No internet, no cable, no phones. We were really forced to interact with each other. No outside distractions. It was great. Can't wait until we can go back next year.

Come back on 12/31. Drop LO off at his Mom's house. Head home so the beau can get a 2 hour nap while I get ready. Head over to my cousin & her husbands house for a NYE party. Beau and I promised each other we wouldn't get too silly drunk...we wanted to be functional the next day. Wow...I guess we both had our fingers crossed, because we imbibed...and had a fabulous time. 

1/1 lay around the house for awhile. I finally get up and make myself start taking down all of the Christmas decorations.

1/2 back to the grind. YEAH! Not. Actually, I'm pretty lucky because I really do like my job. My boss is the bomb.com. He even got me an iPad mini & a sweet EOY bonus. SCORE! 

The gators are playing tonight, so I convinced the beau to hook up his new TV we got him for Christmas. He is watching the game in 3D. It's so wild the way technology has advanced. DAMN, I sound old.

Peace!
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment