Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weight a minute Wednesdays

Howdy, ya'll.  It's been awhile since I've done a "weight a minute Wednesday" post.  Obviously, I've been sick, so I haven't been able to work out much.  I'm also on steroids, so I've been incredibly hungry.  All that being said, I am very ready to get back on the c25k bandwagon, and eating healthy.  I've been eating healthy even though I'm sick, so that's a plus.

We had the LO this past weekend, and didn't want to have him holed up in the house the entire weekend (even though we were sick as dogs.)  So on Sunday, we decided to take him out on the boat, to the sandbar. Like most 5 year olds, he goes through spurts where he wants to talk your ear off, or he wants to be left alone and put legos together for what seems like 6 hours at a time.  Sunday happened to be a talk your ear off kind of day.  I welcome it.  I encourage it.  It's a great time for him and I to bond while Dad is busy.  Anyways, I'm laying in bed wallowing, coughing my lungs up, and he's chatting my ear off.  After he finishes one of his many sentences, I think...oh, good time to start getting ready.  He's already in his swim trunks, Dad's in the shower, I'll try & find a bathing suit that matches.  So I say to him "oh honey, Ms. Cole has to find her bathing suit"...as I'm getting up to go to my dresser.  He responds "oh Ms. Cole, I wish you were skinny."  ...silence... I say "So does Ms. Cole, baby...so does Ms. Cole."  Did it sting a bit?  Sure.  He's so innocent, he really has no idea what it even means.  I've only ever wanted to be healthy, but I just have such a hard time sticking with it since it's such a long process.  It also got me thinking that this little child, only 5 years old, already knows what fat and skinny is.  How messed up is that?  I mean, he should know about healthy, not fat vs. skinny.  I have a diary from when I was 9 years old where I talk about going on a diet.  How messed up is that?  For as long as I can remember, I've always struggled with my weight.  There was a time I was actually a healthy weight, but all I saw in the mirror was fat, fat, fat.  Why do we do this to ourselves?  This post feels painfully raw and real, but that's life, I guess.  So, what are my plans?  Well, the color me rad run is coming to my town in March, and I'm going to sign up.  Come hell or high water I will complete that race.  I got this!

And to end this post on a positive note, here are a few pictures from the sandbar.


I'm all ready to get my tan on :)

You can't really tell...but this was a Momma & baby Manatee.  I'm so thankful to live in Florida.

Me & our little stinky head.

The Beau & LO. Gosh, I love them.






2 comments:

Dallin Stokes said...

Ouch! Kids have no friggin' filter! I too have swayed from diet and exercise. I really would like to get back on track, I know I can do better. - I know these words may not help the battle you are fighting amongst yourself...but you are the most beautiful person I have ever met...inside and out. Hands down. I am glad to call you my friend! :)

Nicole said...

Oh, no filter is right. I think his filter is broken, lol. You're so sweet. Thanks, babe! I think the same thing about you :) You rock and are my bff!!

Post a Comment