Tuesday, March 19, 2013

“Do you ever feel like you might fail at something before you even attempt it?”


Question asked by yours truly today via text to the beau. 

I have another exam for business class on Thursday and this study guide is eating my lunch.  I feel so brain dead with a certain chapter.  I read the question, and read the question, and then read it again because it’s just not registering.  Does this happen to anyone else?  And then it seems like a trick question.  So I throw a big ? next to the question and move on.  Only to encounter the same thing with the next question.  GAH!  I finally had to email the professor and tell him I was having issues & asked him if what my answers were right.  The majority were of my answers were right, btw.  So maybe I’m not doing as bad as I think?  I have always had to try super hard to be good at school so I’m not sure why I thought it’d be so much easier now that I’m older.  It’s not.  Oh well, just need a little vent session.

Let’s talk about something fun.  Like this weekend.  It definitely was fun.  I got our bathroom painted in record time (15 hours – hold your laughter.)  Everyone I’ve talked to thinks I was grandma mosey painting, and while that might be the case, I’m sure it had nothing to do with the beers and singing I was engaged in while painting.



I finished the bathroom just in time to get out of the house Saturday night (no pics, they're too crazy and we wouldn't want my image tarnished on the interwebz.)  Two of my friends stopped by the house to pick me up, then we headed over to my cousin & her husbands house.  Fun times were had by all.  A little too fun.  I was feeling the effects on Sunday morning…headache central. 

The beau got home Sunday morning.  He loved the bathroom, then promptly took a 4 hour nap.  Once he got up, we managed to get dress & head to Duffy’s for a green beer.  He had corned beef & cabbage.  I don’t know how people eat that.  It smells like total b-hole.  I just had a salad.  We are so boring.

Ignore his eyes. & my face.

I've been cooking up a storm.  

The Skinnytaste Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken was to.die.for (and I normally hate jalapenos.)  Also, the egg muffins take a few minutes to prepare & are a lifesaver on week day mornings so you can snooze for another 20 minutes.




Since spring break starts for me on Friday, I took the day off.  We are planning to the take the LO fishing.  Should be a fun day. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment