Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The day I was Summonsed...

It finally happened.  A time I have not been looking forward to since I could vote.  But then it was changed to the day you got your license.  Ya know, to make it fair to all to the non-voters.  I received my first jury duty summons about 2 weeks ago.  I was not sure how the process went, but after hearing from a lot of people that it would be hell, and I'd hear white noise, and I should lie as much as I could to get out of being picked, I put on my big girl panties and went to the court house.

It wasn't that bad.  It was pretty interesting.  I was honestly thisclose to being picked.  I did the opposite of what people said, and I told the truth.  It wasn't all that bad.  The funniest part was the judge falling asleep.  Yeah, it was nail-biting-on-the-edge-of-your-seat-type-of-stuff.  The most annoying part was all of the breaks we took.  It seemed like every hour we were in listening to the lawyers, we got a 20 minute break.  Just get the show on the road, people.  

Anyways, I did not get picked, so woohoo!  I guess.  Until next time.



1 comments:

Post a Comment