Thursday, March 28, 2013

This week flew by. Thank you baby Jesus.

By the time I finished writing about our weekend shenanigans (from last weekend), I realized Friday is in 1.5 hours.  Oops.  I am not very good at time management, apparently.

This week seemed to fly by.  I'm sure it's because it's spring break so I didn't have the pressure of any assignments due this week.  Then it hit me.  I have a big paper due this Sunday and I haven't even started.  Seriously, what kind of professor schedules a paper due on Easter?  I hope the Easter bunny gives him an empty basket.  Kind of like his heart.  Bastardo.

Anyways, my main goal this week was to find an Easter dress.  First world problems, I tell ya.  I found a super adorable chevron dress that I thought would make a great Easter dress.  Bought it, showed the boyfriend and he thought it was just ok.  I don't know about ya'll, but I never want to look just ok to my man.  I showed it to a few friends and they said no go.  They liked it, just not for Easter.  Finally, the beau says "you look like a big ole' easter egg."  Gee thanks dear, I love you too.  I could've done without the "big ole" observation, but nevertheless, he was kind of right.  I did look like an Easter egg, lol.  Oh well, win some, lose some.  I'm still keeping the damn dress.



I proceeded to try on what felt like 100 other dresses, from 100 other stores and found nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nothing.  Finally, a girlfriend recommended Cato.  The last time I was in there, the clothes sucked and well, the clothes sucked.  I gave it another try & found some good ones.  I ended up buying the long blue one (not the hideous high-low garbage.)  Very spring-ish but also pretty casual.  Dress it up, or dress it down.  Need to get some kind of girdle for that pooch though, woof.  Lay off the reese eggs, ha!


Tonight we had taco Thursday.  We always have tacos on Thursday because it helps the LO keep some type of routine.  He always comes to Dad & miss Cole's on Thursday, he always gets tacos.  He enjoys it, and so do we.

After tacos we decided to decorate some Easter eggs.  I didn't know the beau was such a little artist.  He made an "angry bird" egg - per the LO's request, a bunny egg, and a cross egg.  Zach made some scribbles & stripes, and a "'Merica" egg with red and blue gosh he's so cute I just wanna eat him up and I made some random ones.  It was fun.  The LO also asked Daddy to make a portrait egg.  It was too cute.  Random note - don't get brown eggs like I did.  I acted like it was the first time I've ever bought eggs for decorating...seriously Nicole, get it together.  The colors would've come out better had I bought the right eggs.  Still a fun family bonding time though.







Hope you all have a fab Friday and happy Easter!  TGIF (almost - see, there is an upside to being a late bitch.)



2 comments:

Dallin Stokes said...

I still love the god damn dress, haha! - But the new one is nice too. Actually every thing you pick out is fab!

Nicole said...

Well, guess what? I was going to wear it on Friday...and it was see thru on the bottom :( So it's going back to the store! Boo.

Post a Comment