Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sometimes I'm late to the party...

...but I get to the party nonetheless.  I have been super calafragilisticexpealidocous into bubble and statement necklaces lately.  I know I'm totally late to the party on this one, but I just couldn't  bring myself to spend $150 on a necklace.  Let's face it, I'll probably be "over" bubble necklaces in about 6 months, so no reason to spend lots of dollas.  Holla all you bargainistas cheapskates like me!  

So there is this fabulous store in Columbia, SC called Revente's Last Call.  Their proceeds benefit a women's shelter up in SC.  I am in FL, but friends with them on facebook.  They posted a picture today of some of their merchandise and my heart skipped a beat because they featured a green bubble necklace.  I just knew that I had to have it.  After a few comments the owner said she'd ship it to me, all I had to do was call the store with my cc.  Duh, done.  

Here's my outfit of the day for the BBQ fest & homework time.  


I'm obsessed with these shoes.  Walmart $15!  Yessss!


Fast forward to a little later in the day and I find myself at a BBQ fest.  Yeah, I know.  Sounds like a redneck rodeo type of place.  Totally wasn't, but it was fun.  The beef brisket was delicious.  We ate, and started browsing the vendors set up.  I walk into a jewelry tent and almost piss my pants because a guy is selling bubble necklaces.  Ahh, I have a total girl moment and have to have one or 2 or 3. So I bought a black one.

Just my luck that my cross body bag ripped one of the floating bubbles off...so I took some needle nose pliers and pulled the other one off.  Just call me McGiver.

The fabulous seller of these products tells me everything is 50% off.  SHIT.  He caught me at my weakness.  I can't pass up a good sale.  Plus I am stimulating the economy, right?  No brainer.  I pick up 4 more pieces.  Gosh, I'm such a sucker.  The beau thinks most of it is old ladyish, but what the hell does he know about fashion?  He asks my advice every.damn.day, so I can't be that bad.  ;)

Here are the other pieces I picked up:





Since my cousin, Jen is always having BBQ's, and watching the cat for us...I got her this little gem that she was lusting after as a "thank you":


Well, I guess that's my update for the day.  The beau and I tried to watch "The Rum Diaries" and it was horrible.  Here's proof:




4 comments:

Dallin Stokes said...

thank ring is the bees knees!

Holly said...

Look whose blog I found!! :) And I am going to tell my BFF about this because she lives in SC (and not the wedding BFF). :)

Nicole said...

The starfish one? It is a bracelet :)

Nicole said...

Omg you're following me!! That's awesome, you're my fav.blogger.everrrrr. :)

Post a Comment