Wednesday, February 20, 2013

30 by 30


Yeah, it’s that day again.  No weight loss aside from the 1 lb., but I’ll take it because any loss is better than a gain. Duh!  Last night the beau had a business obligation after work, so I was left to fend for myself for dinner.  Since it sucks making a bunch of food for 1 person, I decided to take it easy.  I don’t know if anyone has created something like this before, but I’ve gotta think this isn’t an original idea…because it’s just that fricken awesome, who wouldn’t have thought of this before and why the eff did it take me 29 years?  Anyways, enough babble bullshit, here’s the recipe:

Nicole’s healthy chicken salad

2 – 10 oz. cans of chicken (I was lazy & it was in the pantry – don’t judge me)
1 tbsp. of chopped red onion
2 tbsp. of hummus (I used Atheno’s garlic hummus)
1 tsp. of minced garlic
½ of hass avocado
2 celery stalks
S&P to taste
½ the juice from a lemon

Chop, mix, mince, whatever, and then throw all of that goodness into a bowl.  Serve over a salad (that’s what I did), or serve as a sandwich.  The possibilities are endless, really. BUT do not blame me if you eat the whole recipe in 1 sitting.

1 batch is about 4 servings.  Nutritional info:

161 calories, 4 carbs, 1 iron, 23 g protein, 2 g fiber, 713 mg sodium


I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred today (JM30DS is what I normally call it).  I really had zero motivation to work out tonight but I did it anyways.  I was listening to Pandora because JM's voice is so fucking annoying not pleasant, and what song comes on?  GINUWINE - PONY.  So this obviously puts me in a mood.  I only say "a" mood because it made me think of Magic Mike.  And all of the sudden your girl has motivation like WHOA!  So I pounded that workout out and burned 240 cals.  WOOT WOOT!  

I'll see ya'll tomorrow.  I have no idea what I'll write about, more than likely I'll just wing it.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment