Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

I know there are a lot of people that think Valentine's day is commercial, a waste of money, and why do you only show your love one day outta the year?! Blah, blah, blah.  Here's why I love V-day.

Once upon a time your girl was engaged.  Shocking, I know.  Fast forward to what an idiot loser he was, and I just thought...



Were there Valentine's days I was single?  Yes.  Did I enjoy it?  Absolutely.  I could sit on my couch naked don't judge me, eating a shitload of carbs, watching LMN, and then finishing it off with some jumping jacks & Ben & Jerry's.  Don't judge, I'm a good time, DAMNIT!  But seriously, I think the people who don't enjoy Vday are the people that have never been in a shitty relationship.  Once you're in a shitty relationship, and then enter into a new one, you realize how nicely things seem to just fit.

That's how the beau and I are.  We don't really argue, we disagree, sure...but it's nothing close to what my previous relationship was.  I actually enjoy his company.  I love being around him.  Mostly, we have fun & encourage each other to be the best person we can be.

Anyways, this is the 2nd Vday the beau & I have been together.  Today was a really great day.  I set up the beau & LO's presents on the kitchen table.  We got the LO a set of legos (his current obsession is Legos), a robe (he asked for it - he sees me wear mine around the house), and a Batman belt to contribute to his Batman obsession.  He was happier than a pig in shit & so was I.  It makes me genuinely happy to see him smile.  I got the beau the Nest thermostat, some LA CHOUFFE beer (serious - the best beer EVER), and some candy.  He was so sweet & got me an anchor necklace, a gorgeous heart bracelet, some of the prettiest & most fragrant roses ever, and took me to lunch.  I had class tonight so we didn't get to do dinner together, that's why he took me to lunch.  I got home tonight around 9, and we had a few beers & washed Tosh.  Nothing says romantic like Tosh & Miller Lite.

So basically, I love Valentine's day because a) it's another holiday I get to buy presents for the people I love + I get to decorate the house and b) I am really in a relationship that I appreciate.  Alright ya'll, I'm starting to make myself sick with all this mushy talk!  

Here's a little Vday pic :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment